Vegan pasta recipes are the perfect choice for those on a vegan diet.
Vegan pasta recipes are great in many ways. First of all they are easy and simple to cook and do not require a lot of sophisticated ingredients. Secondly, they are full of healthy benefits: protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals.
If you correctly choose pasta made of alternative flours that are gluten free, then it will be easy to digest and also low in fat. Combined with lots of vegetables, it will supply your body with calcium, zinc and vitamins E, B6, C.
To make vegan pasta recipes you need to substitute some ordinary ingredients with new, healthier alternatives. To make a creamy sauce you can easily use almond milk or other types of vegan milks that have the same creamy, rich and savoury taste. And cheese? There is no pasta without cheese, you will say. Here is the solution â€“ vegan cheese!
Cheese can also be substituted by other forms of flavourful ingredients that make a perfectly surprising satisfying sauce: roasted garlic, tomatoes, shallots and olive oil. All you have to do is to blend everything and season with salt, pepper and fresh herbs.
Being simple to make, vegan pasta recipes are quick solutions for an evening meal when everybody is tired and hungry. But they are also perfectly fit for a summer picnic, special dinner on a cold winter night, as well as for a friendly reunion.
Vegan pasta with roasted tomatoes and garlic
Ingredients: wheat pasta, 3 cups grape tomatoes, 2 medium diced shallots, 8 large cloves minced garlic, 2 cups almond milk, olive oil, 4 tbsp all purpose flour, salt and black pepper.
1. Toss tomatoes in olive oil and place in the oven for baking 20 minutes at 300C. Then set aside.
2. Bring water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Then in a large pan add the garlic, shallot and oil and cook for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
4. Stir in flour and mix with a whisk slowly pouring the almond milk a little at a time so clumps donâ€™t form. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes to thicken. Add salt and pepper.
5. Once the sauce is ready, add pasta and roasted tomatoes and stir.