Cauliflower is a healthy vegetable that can lighten up your meal in the summer.
It is a perfect side-dish that can be served as a starter to a nice meal. It can be also featured in a main dish, incorporated into a light salad, or used in a wide variety of side dishes.
Vegan cauliflower recipes have become very popular over the past years among those who are fond of healthy eating and balanced living. They are full of minerals, vitamins and phytonutrients that may help neutralize damaging toxins. Research shows that a high intake of vegan cauliflower recipes is associated with a lower risk of some cancers. Cauliflower is also incredibly nourishing.
There are countless sorts of delicious vegan cauliflower recipes: cauliflower pizza crust, buffalo cauliflower, or cauliflower mash. Serving cauliflower is an easy way to lighten up a heavy meal, and is a solution for people who need to watch their starch/carbohydrate intake. Vegan cauliflower recipes are creamy, flavourful, and absolutely delicious. Vegan cauliflower recipes are a fabulous way to add extra veggies at meal time.
Vegan Cauliflower Mash – light and fluffy
Ingredients: 1 medium sized head of cauliflower, chopped into florets, 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped, 1 tsp minced rosemary, 1/4 cup nutritional yeast , 3-5 large roasted garlic cloves, 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, salt and pepper to taste.
1. Fill a large saucepan boil with cauliflower florets for maximum 7 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover, allowing the cauliflower to steam. Drain the cauliflower, then move it to the bowl of a large food processor.
3. Add the roasted garlic cloves, rosemary, almond milk, nutritional yeast, thyme leaves, chives, salt and pepper, and process until smooth.
4. Top with fresh cracked pepper and fresh chopped chives.
Roasted cauliflower in lemon sauce
Ingredients: 1 large head cauliflower, 4 tsp olive oil, 2 minced cloves garlic, 1 tbsp lemon juice, Â¼ tsp salt, 1 tbsp chopped parsley, 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional), Â¼ tsp paprika (optional).
1. Place oven rack in top position and preheat oven it 250C.
2. Toss cauliflower with 2 tsp. olive oil, and salt. Spread on large cookie sheet and bake 12 to 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp. olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. For 1 to 2 minutes sautÃ© garlic in oil and stir in lemon juice, 5 tbs. water, and salt. Simmer over low heat 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Divide cauliflower among plates. Add sauce over cauliflower. Sprinkle with sesame seeds/paprika, parsley/chives and serve.