Discover the taste and benefits of vegetarian pasta dishes.
Vegetarian pasta dishes are in fact simple pasta recipes that give you the possibility to create and experiment with lots of ingredients. The main component of all these recipes is the pasta.
Nowadays pasta may be found in a great variety of shapes, sizes and even colours. The most important in choosing pasta is to opt for whole-wheat version. This kind of pasta has not only lots of health benefits but it is nutritional as well. Pasta is also a very cheap and economical way to make a satisfying meal for the whole family.
Choose your favourite vegetables to whip up a diversity of vegetarian pasta dishes. Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, eggplant, beans and of course tomatoes will transform any simple spaghetti into delicious new vegetarian dishes. All these veggies will supply your body with healthy nutrients and vitamins.
And for the sauce? The key is the secret to any vegetarian pasta dishes. Olives, capers, Parmesan or other types of cheeses and nuts may be used as perfect accompaniments in making a hearty sauce. And don’t forget about spices and herbs! Fresh or dries, they will give the last savour to your vegetarian pasta dishes making them a real celebration.
Pappardelle with vegetables
Ingredients: 1 package of Pappardelle pasta, 2 cups broccoli florets, 2 cups halved tomatoes, 1 cup sliced carrot, 1 cup sliced leek, 2 cloves minced garlic, Â½ cup chopped hazelnuts, salt, 1 cup white dry wine, grated Parmesan or Parmigiano cheese.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions in a large pot. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and then add leeks, broccoli, peas and carrots. Steam for 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp.
3. Add vegetables to pasta in pot. Stir in tomatoes. Cover to keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Fry the garlic in a little oil over medium heat. Stir in wine.
5. Add the sauce and nuts to pasta and vegetables. Toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper. Top with grated cheese.