Following these tips for healthy cake recipes, you will make not just delicious cakes, but light and healthy recipes as well.
Cakes are among the most tasty and adorable desserts by all. But unfortunately most of them are full of calories, fats and sugar that make the cholesterol level higher and lead to obesity.
To solve this problem, we come with the best tips for making healthy cake recipes that will help you how to cut on many full-fat dangerous ingredients making lighter versions.
The first tip is to substitute white flour with some types of flour that are healthier: whole-wheat flour, rye flour and even corn flour that are rich in fibre and minerals, but are gluten-free.
The second tip is to cut down the amount of calories as much as possible. It can be done by replacing some ingredients with healthier alternatives. For example: sugar can be substituted by applesauce, butter can be replaced by oil, or it is even better to use when possible mashed fruits as bananas and plums. Try to use also less oil and fat in the batter.
Now, let’s think about the topping! It is usually creamy and full of chocolate. Instead of traditional toppings it is better to swap to something lighter. Fresh fruits, dried fruits, nuts and diverse seeds used in mashed purees are great options for making appetizing toppings.
So, follow these tips for healthy cake recipes and you will not only enjoy eating them, but also benefit your health.
Summer cake with seasonal fruits
Ingredients: 4 eggs, 100 gr sugar, 2 tbsp oil, 4 tbsp whole grain flour, 1 tsp baking soda, seasonal fruits (plums, apples, cherries…)
1. Separate the yolk from the white. Beat 4 whites with the sugar in a bowl until it becomes thick.
2. In another bowl mix the yolks with 2 tbsp of oil, and then add the flour and baking soda.
3. Add the hard beaten whites very attentively to the mixture and mix very slowly.
4. Place the sliced fruits in a baking pan and pour the batter.
5. Bake about 20-25 min in a previously preheated oven at 180 C degrees.