One of the key aspects for your weight training routine that suits you the best is choosing your weekly workout schedule.
In this regard, there are several aspects that must be kept in mind. So, let`s examine them.
- How much time can you spend on training? Will it be daily or twice per week? Will you spend 30 minutes or 2 hours? Are there any specific days you can work out? Will you be able to work out on weekends or only during the weekdays? Whatever your time commitment is, you need to develop the most efficient workout that is best for you.
- What types of exercises do you want? Do you want to work out your arms, legs or your hips? You might want a full body routine that you can do several times per week. You might want a workout schedule that contains at least one exercise for your butt or quads, your muscles or your core.
- Do you feel that you might get bored of the same types of exercises? Yes, you are right. If you do the same scheduled exercises three days a week, in time your muscles might get bored. Choose a different exercise each time and your muscles will stay excited. Let your muscles recover between workouts for about 48-72 hours.
- During my workout, how many sets should I do? The best average number of sets per exercise is around 3-5 sets, with a rest up to 3-5 minutes between sets.
Our advice is to have a one-hour workout scheduled. If you feel that you can go for over an hour, then you are simply not pushing yourself hard enough. Less time, more intensity, better results! And don`t forget to write down your entire progress.
Here are some tips that might help you make your personal and suitable workout schedule:
- If you bottom is wider than your top, you could tone your arms and shoulders.
- If you are stick straight with very few curves, you could add more shape to your waist and sculpt your glutes.
- If your bust and hips are larger compared to your waist, add full-body muscle tone and shape up your arms and legs.
- If you have broad shoulders and narrow hips, tighten your core, and add some shape to your butt and thighs.